Fruitgrower's midday

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2010
      More open water, and lots of ducks!  More pintail there than I have seen in Colorado in the last couple years, I think.  Lots of mallards, GW teal, common merganser, ring-necked ducks, and redheads.  I only saw one cinnamon teal today, but I did see a hen scaup that I am pretty sure was a greater, due to the low, rounded head.  She never got close enough for a good photo but I am downloading the camera as I write this to see if the long-range shots are worth anything.

      No blue-winged teal today, alas.

      Definitely worth getting out of the house this weekend and taking a look.

      Also got to watch a GB heron at Confluence get some lunch today in the now-open water on the edge of the lake.  And there was a prairie falcon in a tree about half a mile west of Eckert.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia