Headline: Bald Eagle finds Fruitgrowers duckalicious

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2010
      Walked the causeway at the res this a.m. and it was quite noisy and
      wonderful. I sora sora and many geese sitting on eggs. Also saw the
      same ducks that Rick and Dennis reported yesterday but in addition there
      were countless redheads. Everybody had a lot to talk about.

      In the nearest cottonwood tree along the inlet I saw a red-tail munching
      a bunny breakfast burrito. Beyond it in another cottonwood further back
      were two adult Bald Eagles. One had found mallard on the menu and was
      relishing the selection. Just then I saw a mature Golden Eagle lift off
      the ground where cows were calving. I think the disgusting stuff it was
      hauling away was afterbirth. Yum.

      happy spring!

      andrea robinsong
      hotchkiss