a bat!

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2010
      When driving back from Pitkin County today I saw a BAT flying over Hwy 133 just east of Poania! Who knows what species it could have been.  Seemed large.  Blew me away to see one though!  Certainly a sure sign that spring is not too far away!!

      Good boid'n/bat'n/bug'n (whatever your flavor!),
      --
      Jason Beason
      Special Monitoring Projects Coordinator
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2010
        They say big brown bats, Eptesicus fuscus, are cool weather bats.  However, I saw a long-eared myotis one sunny February day land on a sun-bathed rock in Sinbad Valley south of Gateway, Colorado a few years ago.