Western Screech-Owl

  • a z
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2010
      Forgot to mention, also stopped at White Ave. between 8 and 9th to look for the White-winged Dove that we missed during the CBC and at Lincoln Park along Gunnison to look for the owl.  Did not see the White-winged Dove and there were very few birds at the house.  It appears that they have stopped feeding.  The owl was at home, peering out of the nest box.  We were there at about 2pm.

      Posted 2/25/10 5pm

      Dave and Diane Trappett
      Grand Junction

    • As
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8 7:21 AM
        I woke up this morning at 2:55am to the bouncing ball call in our nest box tree. Vocalized until 3:06am and then went silent. This is the first sign of owls in the yard since last winter around Christmas when one checked out the nest box for a two week period, but failed to stay and raise a family as in the previous two years.

        Dave Trappett
        Grand Junction

        Sent from my iPod