sandhill cranes

  • alice_m_newberry
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2009
      Hi,
      Yesterday afternoon a flock of about 40 sandhill cranes flew low over my house in the Redlands (near Connected Lakes). I actually heard them from inside the house! and ran out to see.
      Alice Newberry Mesa County
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 10, 2009

        Evey, et al., two more flocks of about 50 each flew over our house today, heading southeast (your direction).

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2009

          Alrighty then!  Now they are flying thru my dreams at 0400 hrs.  ;-)

          With these recent movements thru the Grand Valley, is anyone seeing a “coalescence” of the Delta or Montrose flocks?

          Curious George

        • alice_m_newberry
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 9, 2010
            A group of 80-100 SACR flew low over my house (on the Bluff Trail above Connected Lakes)at 5pm heading NNW--possibly the same group Larry saw. These were flying purposefully, though, not just hanging around (and making a racket)!
            Alice Newberry
            Mesa
            County
          • alice_m_newberry
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 25, 2010
              Hi,
              Today about 3:15pm I saw 14 or 15 sandhill cranes flying SE, quite low, over my house in the Redlands. Only one call! I almost missed them because they were so quiet.
              BTW, I am hearing a Great Horned Owl almost every day am and pm from my house (at dusk and dawn). I would like to see it...and add a Western Screech Owl also.
              Alice Newberry
              Grand Junction
            • mcfadden donna
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 25, 2014
                we saw about 40 low flying sandhill cranes late this morning
                circling over G road and about 25 3/4 road.
                donna mcfadden