Pectoral Sandpiper and Long-billed Dowitchers

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2009
      Geetings,
      There is still some good shorebirds out there if one is lucky enough to find them. Brenda and I went to Montrose yesterday and found a Pectoral Sandpiper with two Long-billed Dowitchers on a farm pond one mile east of Redvale in Montrose County.

      At Ridgway Res, 11 California Gulls were present. I suspect the remaining Osprey may be feeding the gulls. The Osprey catches the fish and the gulls take it way. There was also on American Pipit on the shoreline acting like a shorebird.

      Coen and Brenda