Sabine' Gull at Navajo Reservoir

  • Jim Beatty
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      Hi All,

      There was an immature Sabine's Gull on the Piedra Branch of Navajo Reservoir in Archuleta County - perhaps a county record?  I first saw it on the west shore at windsurf beach, although later I saw it (or a second one?) flying along the east shore opposite the windsurf beach area.  I was able to get some photos.  There was also an early Snow Goose with some Canadas at the north end of the Piedra Branch of Navajo.  Between Carcaras and Juanita on CR 500 there was a Clay-colored Sparrow.  All are very uncommon in Archuleta.

      Good birding,

      Jim Beatty
      Durango