Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Delta County, Oct 3

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2009
      This morning I had a female/juvenile plumage Rose-breasted Grosbeak in my yard.  This fall has been very good for my yardlist!  I noticed this bird first by it's call.  The call was noticeably different from the Black-headed Grosbeak call that I am used to.  I was at home working in the yard all day and kept listening and looking for this bird but it didn't stick around.  Had a somewhat late MacGillivray's Warber too.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta County