New Species at Lake Lenore/Ouray

  • suehirshman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      I had a Snowy Egret this morning sitting on a log in the lake. This
      makes a new species for L. L. #114. The Egret stayed all day wading,
      and resting. My neighbor and I got wonderful looks of the bird and
      yes, it did have golden slippers! A great Blue Heron joined in the
      fun in the afternoon and both stayed until dark. I don't know if
      the Egret will be gone in the morning or not. I had a female Hummer
      on Monday, Sept. 28th in the afternoon and again 2 times early on
      the 29th. Have not seen it since. Maybe tomorrow will bring in
      another surprise.
      Good birding,
      Sue Hirshman