Delta County notes

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2009
      Today, Tuesday, I saw my first W. Co. Eastern Kingbird this year. It
      was on a wire above the Ute Trail e. of where it intersects with Hwy 65
      north of Cedaredge.

      I also saw a Dusky Grouse hen with her teenagers at the top of the
      south-facing flank of the Grand Mesa near Cedaredge. They were in oak.

      I forgot to report one week ago that I saw at least 20 peeps fly up from
      a very small stock pond on the delta and mesa county divide rd near the
      gunnison river. Time to check Cheney.

      Just as Jason reported I too suddenly have a yard full of migratory birds.

      This is the height of hummer madness. I get to be awakened each morning
      just before dawn by the beating of tiny wings and the ornery squeaking
      of feisty little birds at the feeders hanging by my open bedroom window.
      I also get to stumble to bed in the middle of the night after filling
      all the feeders. every night. This is the yin yang of hummer feeding.

      andrea robinsong roosting in hotchkiss