Freeman Reservoir Block in Moffat County

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Have just returned from Moffat, Routt and Rio Blanco counties doing atlas blocks. Best birds were Purple Martins at Freeman Reservoir Block. There were also two adult Bald Eagles at the lake but we could find no sign of a nest. We did not find Three-toed Woodpeckers or Pine Grosbeaks but most all other expected species were present at Freeman Reservoir Block. Band-tailed Pigeons were just east of the block, darn.
      Forrest, you can call the block finished but we may return next year to climb all the way up to the top of Black Mountain.
      Coen and Brenda