fox sparrow and band-taileds

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2009
      Last night I had a fox sparrow fly into my bat net at about 9 pm, at Horse Ranch Park on Gunnison County Road 12.  Never noticed one up there before, but there are a hundred acres of willow swamp to live in, so...  He was released unharmed, only slightly ruffled.  PS.  They bite.  The great horned owls that nested there last year are still there, but no chicks flying around screaming their heads off like last summer.

      Also, in the bottom of Hubbard Canyon just north of Bowie, a dozen or more band-tailed pigeons seem to be roosting just around the forest boundary.  And there is an empid down there on the creek that I need to get a pic of.  Almost tame, will stop and perch within ten feet of people while foraging on the creek.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia

      Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.