Silver Jack birds

  • Missy Siders
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29 8:29 PM
      We spent the weekend in the Silver Jack area. Without too much effort,
      found the following in the area:

      Dusky grouse (Ouray loop sites 13/14)
      Northern flicker (feeding young)
      Western wood peewee
      Yellow-rumped warbler
      Yellow warbler
      Am Robon
      Violet-green swallow
      Common raven
      Hermit thrush
      Downy woodpecker
      Dark-eyed junco
      Stellar's jay
      Clark's nutcracker
      Mountain chickadee

      For those interested in seeing a dusky (blue) grouse, the one in the
      Silver Jack campground is very visible. ... Possibly imprinted on
      humans? Follows people; can rush you if you turn your back on it. Not
      even afraid of dogs. We got some interesting pictures.

      -Missy
      Missy Siders
      missy.siders@...