Yampa River Preserve-Routt Cty

  • nic korte
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2009
      I had a couple of hours in one of my favorite birding spots: Yampa River Preserve--just down and across the road from Carpenter Ranch.  I saw about 40 species. There probably aren't better places to see catbirds and willow flycatchers (two calling) in the state.  I didn't see anything unexpected but I always enjoy the density of birds: cedar waxwings, Swainson's thrushes, kingfisher, western wood peewees, an abundance of yellow warblers and song sparrows, lazuli buntings, western tanagers, black-headed grosbeaks, etc.
      Nic Korte

      Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailĀ®. See how.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2009