Warbling Vireo finally and lots of Grace's Warblers

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2009
      Greetings,
      Finally a Warbling Vireo made it to Nucla this morning, first of the year at least for us. Brenda and I then drove up to the pines 10 miles north of town and found lots of birds singing. Grace's Warblers were fairly common.

      Last evening I checked out the Nucla sewer ponds for nighthawks. There were no nighthawks, only lots of swallows.

      I did see Sandhill Cranes at two locations and they my be nesting again around Nucla.

      Good birding,
      Coen and Brenda