Sandhill Cranes

  • Linda Reser
    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 6, 2005
      Would someone please let me know when you notice the migration of the sandhill cranes in the Crawford/Eckert area.

      Thank you,

      Linda Reser
    • JoAnn Riggle
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 10
        About 1pm this afternoon I was outside when I heard a familiar chortle.  I found not one but two Sandhill Cranes flying in circles overhead. I was able to get a couple of so so photos along with a Red-tailed Hawk.  I put them up on eBird.  I am hoping this might be one of the cranes that spent most of the summer in our area last year.  Maybe a mate was found and brought back.  Fingers crossed.

        JoAnn Potter Riggle

        "In order to see birds it is necessary to become a part of the silence."     .....Robert Lynd