Re: [wsbn] interesting sapsucker, Apr 3 - Paonia

  • Robin Nicholoff
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2009
      Looks like an adult female Red-naped to me.

      -robin

      On Apr 3, 2009, at 10:15 AM, Jason Beason wrote:

      There is an interesting sapsucker in my yard this morning.  It is most likely a Red-naped but I am not absolutely certain.  Attached is photo.  It has some red on the nape and the chin is mostly red, but there is a little white on the chin also.  The thing I find interesting is the amount of white on the back - it seems fairly extensive to me.  Any comments will be appreciated.

      Welcome back Coen and Brenda!

      Thanks,
      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta County

      <Apr.3.09_sapsucker.JPG><Apr.3.09_sapsucker2.JPG>