Brewster's Ridge Warning

  • Jacob C Cooper
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2009
      Hi all,

      I just returned from trying to get Long-eared Owls on Brewster's Ridge. I
      regret to inform you all that I did not get any owls, but I didn't try very
      hard for the owls either. This was mostly because I was distracted by the road
      and maybe took a wrong turn (not lost, mind you, but temporarily confused as
      to where I was). Though I got only one bird species (Western Meadowlarks
      flushed from the road) I wanted to post that the Brewster's Ridge road is not
      in good condition at the present time. If the muddy two foot ruts weren't
      frozen, I probably would still be out there. So if you plan on going up there
      anytime soon, I recommend a good 4-wheel drive vehicle.

      On another note, the stars were awesome tonight.

      Good Birding,

      Jacob