Rearranging my birding photobucket: New Year's Resolution!

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      After putting up a couple more bird pics the other day, I realized that my photobucket collection had surpassed 200 photos, and was frankly becoming unwieldy, since pics were posted in the order I took them.

      So, in the past day or two, I have done some interim rearrangement.

      Recent pics, those from the last three to four weeks or so, are on the main page as you enter.

      Older pics will be filed by year for the time being (left side of the page).  Within each year (90% of existing pics are in 2008), pics will be arranged in the order they appear in my Sibley field guide once they are archived off of the "recent pics" front page.  Where the photo shows multiple species, I tried to decide which one was the dominant bird in the photo and filed accordingly.  As a result, I think that most birders will be able to find a picture more easily than just paging through 200 plus photos.

      I realize that the by-year filing makes it harder to find a specific picture once I have multiple years worth of pics, but I have other reasons, and other viewers, to consider as well.  Plus, I am currently too lazy to file any more logically.

      If I take as many usable photos in 2009 as I did in 2008, I will probably have to upgrade my account and at that point, will probably refile everything by taxonomic group instead.  I took 4300 photos in 2008. (Sheesh, how did I ever afford film?)

      Comments always welcome, ID corrections always appreciated.

      2009 photos to begin tomorrow, if all goes well.  Happy New Year, fellow birders.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia

      Send e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your HotmailĀ® account now.