Fwd: 2008 Accomplishments

  • Cheryl Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2008
      Hi everyone - I am forwarding a message from Leigh Robertson, San Miguel Basin GUSG Working Group Coordinator. A collaborative grant from National Audubon Society allowed all ten chapters to use the funds towards the Gunnison Sage Grouse for the last three years. Most of the funding went towards Leigh's salary, and the rest was used on solar well projects and habitat improvement projects, mostly re-seeding and hand planting in the dry creek  basin.

      Cheryl Day, President
      Black Canyon Audubon Society

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Leigh Robertson" <LeighRobertson@...>
      Date: December 11, 2008 9:34:03 AM MST
      To: "Cheryl Day" <cday@...>
      Cc: "Cheryl Day" <billday@...>
      Subject: 2008 Accomplishments

      Hi Cheryl,

      Here is a list of the working group's 2008 accomplishments. It's also possible a pump may be put in at the Basin Well this year to create more wet meadow habitat in Dry Creek Basin. Let me know if you need a list of our plans for 2009. We really appreciate your support (especially with the Summit!) and Audubon's support. Thanks!

      Sincerely,

      Leigh Robertson, Coordinator
      San Miguel Basin Gunnison Sage-Grouse Working Group
      596 Sabeta Dr., Unit G
      Ridgway, CO 81432
      970-626-2272
      http://www.freewebs.com/sanmiguelsagegrouse