Rufous Morph Redtail at Schweitzer state park

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2008
      beautiful bird!
      Not much else there today...lots of coots and a few ducks

      At Confluence Lake I saw 5 Snow Geese and a possible Greater
      White-fronted Goose.

      I couldn't refind the Blue-winged Teal I saw at Payne's Siding on 12/5.
      The best birds were 5 mallard-sized Canada-type geese with tiny bills.
      They were all bathing in the middle of the lake....by doing eskimo rolls
      and head-dive rolls and splashing with great abandon.
      After their baths they swam over to a sandbar and tried to get on it
      with other geese but a big goose chased them back into the water.
      Then they took some more baths.

      andrea robinsong
      hotchkiss