Cackling Goose - Confluence Park, Dec 7th

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2008
      I spent a couple hours at Confluence yesterday with the kids biking around and checking out what birds were around.  I estimate that there were nearly 500 Canada Geese and at least one Cackling Goose.  The one white-cheeked goose that I feel confident in calling a Cackling was TINY (Mallard size) and dwarfed by the large Canada Geese it was with.  There were two more small geese that were probably Cackling also.  5 Snow Geese flew in after the first time I had checked the lake and were next to the area where I parked as I was packing up.

      Other species:
      1 Bewick's Wren
      1 Ring-billed Gull
      2 Pied-billed Grebe