prairie falcon near Hotchkiss, Delta County

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2008
      I was out in the dobes this morning and watched a prairie falcon come floating along and light on a power pole, where it proceeded to pluck and eat a starling it had caught somewhere.  Not that it will likely be there, but if you happen along the Crawford Road near the K.50 Road, south of Bone Mesa Road, keep your eyes on the tops of the poles there.  Also saw a bald eagle and a couple red-tailed hawks in that area this morning as well.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia

      Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your HotmailĀ® account.