American White Pelican, Montrose

  • kirsten_mcgough
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2008
      On a drive through Riverbottom Park this afternoon a mature American
      White Pelican flew into the pond and swam over to join all the Canada
      Geese on the bank. None of the geese gave him any notice whatsoever.
      And then a bald eagle flew by at low altitude headed up the Uncompagre
      River. I must say this was a very special event for Riverbottom 'cause
      we're used to Mallards, hybrids, Canadas, and strange looking domestics.