American Redstart

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2005
      Today about 9:30 AM an adult American Redstart was
      found on west 5th Ave about three block west of Main
      Street in Nucla. We found the warbler while doing our
      walk about town. The bird was in trees in a vacant
      lot.

      The Purple Martins are still present in Nucla.
      Yesterday another Nashville Warbler was found in
      Uravan at the Nature Conservancy Property. Calliope
      Hummingbird, Gray Vireo, Black Phoebe, Black-throated
      Gray Warbler, and Yellow-breasted Chat can still be
      found in the greater Nucla area.
      Great weather-cool nights and warm days,
      Coen and Brenda

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
        This summer we have been doing atlas birding nearly everyday.  We have found many interesting birds but have not had computer access so have not bothered to report them to WSBN.  Many of the good birds have not been on the west slope either.

        On Sunday, 29 July, Brenda heard a chip note that she did not recognize.  After a little coaxing a female American Redstart popped up in a mid elevation willow carr in the Fortification block north of Craig in Moffat County.  We are not certain if the bird is nesting but it could be.  The exact location is N 40.78992 W 107.52605 along Moffat County Rd 40.  The creek is the South Fork of Fortification.
        We camped at Freeman Reservoir north of Craig.  Purple Martins are feeding fledgings south of the reservoir in the aspen trees.

        Two more weeks of atlasing left!!!
        Coen and Brenda