Navajo Res, Archuleta County

  • Jim Beatty
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Hi All,

      Yesterday Susan Allerton, Barb Byron, Peter Derven, and I checked out Navajo SP.  Best birds were:

      Pacific Loon - previously reported by Sue Riffe
      Western Grebe
      Cackling Goose - probable, of intermediate size
      Northern Shrike - immature, early
      Hooded Merganser - two or three
      Killdeer - flock of ten seemed late
      Ruby-crowned Kinglet - seemed late
      American Goldfinch - partial albino; mostly white with black wings and faint yellow around head

      We did not find the previously reported Black Scoter and duck numbers were low except for Common Mergansers.

      Jim Beatty
      Durango