Red-throated Loon and a few other birds

  • suehirshman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2008
      I thought I would try and find the R.T. Loon, but sorry to say at
      2:20p.m. at Dallas Creek and Dutch Charlie I could not find the loon.
      Only birds seen at Dallas creek(Ridgway reservoir) were 9 common
      Goldeneyes, 1 Calif. Gull, 2 Bald Eagles, 12 C. Geese.
      At Eagle Hill Ranch, 1 Lesser Scaup. An overcast, cold day with
      snow in the forecast for tomorrow. Our last snow here was Nov. 5th
      so guess we can use a little precip.
      Also thought Larry might like to know that I had a Band-tail Pigeon
      back at my feeder on November 21st(Mature). Is this kind of late or
      maybe they spend the winter here until the snow gets to deep?
      Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!!!
      Sue H. of Lake Lenore
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2008