Fw: Nashville Warblers in San Miguel County

  • Kathey Graaff
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15 8:14 PM

      To: WSBN
      Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 6:14 PM
      Subject: Nashville Warblers in San Miguel County

      Today while hunting mushrooms Kathey and I saw a Nashville Warbler in the Spruce/Fir on Lone Cone Mt south of Norwood. Yesterday we also saw a Nashville Warler in the Spruce/Fir on the west side of the Dolores Mtns.

      We also saw several large mixed flocks. In oak brush and sage along the road close to aspens we saw a mixed flock of Mountain Bluebirds, Pine Siskins, Black-capped Chickadees, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Chipping Sparrows, a few Macgillvray' Warblers and Vesper Sparrows.

      Thanks to Steve Bouricius for documenting and taking the time to write about the "river of hummingbirds."

      George Steele
      Norwood