first Townsend's Warbler

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2005
      Sorry about that last messed-up post. I don't know what button I hit.

      Anyway, I saw my first Townsend's Warbler yesterday in the Raggeds Wilderness (Gunnison Co). We hiked a couple miles in and saw the bird about where we turned around near Anthracite Creek.

      A large number of swallows are on-the-move above my house lately. I heard Purple Martins way up there in a mixed flock yesterday morning. There have also been a very impressive number of Common Nighthawks above Paonia in the evenings the last few days. I would say that it would be quite possible to count as many as 100 at one time.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia