Northern Shrike and 2 Common Loons, Garfield Co

  • Dick Filby
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2008
      Hi all,

      Whilst running errands this afternoon, I managed a small diversion to Rifle Gap and Harvey State Parks..

      The latter was apparently completely devoid of birds, until a Common Loon surfaced  - successfully fishing...  It was the only species of waterfowl present.

      Rifle Gap had about 10 Mallard, 15 Green-winged Teal, a Western Grebe and a Common Loon.

      A Northern Shrike was by 225 road 1.9miles east of the turn to Harvey

      Good birding,

      Dick Filby
      Carbondale, Garfield Co