Mesa County Surf Scoters, 11/8

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2008
      I made it down to the gravel pit pond off of Highway 141 near Whitewater early this morning and easily found the Surf Scoters found by Andrea and Larry yesterday.  I have been gathering firewood the rest of the day and unable to post.  Please see attached photo.  Pretty darn cool!

      At Fruitgrowers there was one Common Loon and a gull that I am pretty certain is a California Gull, but would like to know if anyone else saw it and has an opinion.  I took some really bad photos of the gull that and don't know whether or not they will help with identifying the bird.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta County