Routt Chase

  • Victor Zerbi
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2008
      Last night I intended to chase the Surf Scoters and Red-throated Loon
      at Sweitzer and Colorado 141. Then this morning before I left, I read
      Forrest's posting about the Routt birds he and Coen found. I headed
      for Routt.

      At Stagecoach I easily refound the two Surf Scoters, Horned Grebe and
      Barrow's Goldeneyes. I also discovered a Greater Scaup. I saw 7
      California Gulls and 1 Ring-billed Gull but could find the previous
      day's Herring Gull.

      Way too much waterfowl and bad light at Catamount. Despite a two hour
      search I did not refind the Red-breasted Merganser. The 4 Tundra Swans
      were a nice bonus.

      Vic