Joe the Birder

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2008

      If elected President, I will make it safe again for birders all across the land, as well as protect their pocketbooks.  I promise to install shoulders on every road (back roads in particular) for birders’ to have safe haven from high-speed traffic wherever they spot an interesting bird and need to stop for a better look, frequent pullouts along especially busy roads, birding blinds at every marsh and water treatment plant (along with unlimited access, dawn to dusk), lookout towers at every landfill and other such bird magnets, multiple access points to their favorite IBA’s, water depths that are continually adjusted to levels that are perfect for shorebirds, waders, and dabblers during their various migrations, free and unlimited access to all federal and state lands for birders 24 hours a day (to accommodate owling), will negotiate with private land owners for free and unlimited access by birders, will negotiate with restaurants to provide free meals for birders and with motels to provide free accommodation for birders, will ensure that all birding trails are maintained and made safe, with wheelchair access for our elderly birding companions, will ensure special rates on gasoline for birders, will introduce legislation to exempt birders from paying sales tax on anything, legislation for the government to buy down birders’ home mortgages, and, finally, will ensure that perfect birding conditions are available whenever and wherever birders would like them, but if a fallout is desired (to be accompanied by a rarity or two) then sufficient storm fronts shall be provided on demand, from whatever direction they (birders) desire.

      My name is Joe the Birder, I pall around with other birders on occasion, and I approve of this message

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2008

        And please keep in mind that during these sour economic times, I can’t promise you much, nor can I predict when we will be able to afford it nor how we shall finance it, but I am Joe the Birder and I WILL find a way to strengthen the Birds’ Bill of Rights and to keep my campaign promises to Patriotic Birders all across this great land!!!