Tundra Swan

  • Forrest Luke
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008

      The lone Tundra Swan is still at the WFMC Ponds south of Craig as of this morning, October 29.

      Forrest Luke

      Craig

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
      • Forrest Luke
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2008

          Hi All,

          I just checked on my way to work and the Tundra Swan was still on the WFMC Ponds south of Craig. The weather looks like it might be sorta nasty today, but Larry you have driven through worse I am sure.

          Cheers,

          Forrest Luke

        • Virginia Simmons
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2010

            A Tundra Swan has been reported at Monte Vista NWR.

            Virginia Simmons

          • Bob Bradley
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 20, 2010
              Today there was one adult bird at Highline Lake. Also a Common Loon, and 15 Western Grebes. At Mack Mesa Lake were 3 Red-breasted Mergansers and an imm. Ring-billed Gull.

              Bob Bradley
              Grand Junction
            • kent nelson
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 19, 2010
                Hello, birders,

                This morning I tried to find the Tundra Swan north of Ridgway, seen on Saturday, but despite a good effort, couldn't find it in the pond where it was photographed, or elsewhere.  There were the same 60 or so American Wigeons on the pond and two Great Blue Herons.

                  At the R'way Reservoir were 12 W. Grebes, 1 Common Loon, 5 Hooded Mergansers, several Common Goldeneyes and Common Mergansers, one D-c Cormorant, and one Green-winged Teal.  At the small pond below the dam were 3 female Hooded Mergansers.  Otherwise, 40 Red-winged Blackbirds, several Townsend's Solitaires, 8 Bald Eagles, and a female Merlin, perched at the corner of Cty Rd 5 and Charles Street in Ridgway.

                Kent Nelson
                Ouray

              • Jacob C. Cooper
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 3, 2011
                  Jacob just called to report a Tundra swan at confluence park in Delta. 10:30 am  1-3-11

                  Mark Cooper

                  --
                  Jacob Cooper
                  Mesa County, Colorado
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 4, 2012
                    There has been a Tundra Swan hanging out in the little pond below the intersection of St.Hwys 13&64, just west of Meeker. He spends most of his day stirring the mud with his big feet, keeping an entourage of mallards busy looking for tidbits.
                    Andy Thomson(from Meeker)