Pitkin Birds

  • Victor Zerbi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2005
      In Pitkin county this morning I found Loggerhead Shrike in two
      locations. First, at Owl Creek Ranch (where they had been seen
      yesterday) and then along the River Road near to the Old Snowmass
      turnoff on the ay home. I also refound the Cinnamon Teal at Northstar
      as well as a surprising Lark Sparrow at top of the entrance road to
      Difficult Campground. Lastly I finally found Brown Creeper (3) along
      the Weller Lake Trail. many other good birds but these were all
      county birds for me.

      Congratulations to Tom McConnell for finding the Black Swifts today
      at Crater Lake. I will have to try again BUT this time I'll bring a
      scope.

      Vic Zerbi