Lake Lenore Hummers/Ouray

  • suehirshman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2008
      I still have lots of hummers and today I saw the first Calliope(Male)at
      one of my feeders. This seems so early for the Calliope?? I have many
      Rufous and they have been here since June 29th. Its so nice to have all
      4 species. More birds are coming back to the feeders with their young.
      I have a Lincoln Sparrow that has been doing alot of singing early
      morning and late afternoon. Not sure if there is a mate. I sure hope
      so as he has a beautiful song. Believe my House Wrens are gone as I
      have not seen or heard any!! I miss them too.
      For your information, Lake Lenore is at 8,000 Feet.

      Today on Sunday the 13th at Box Canyon I have two more eggs and that is
      getting late and both adults were not sitting. If these adults get busy
      and start to incubate that would be 9 nests,so time will tell.

      Enjoyed the Durango Bird group that came on Saturday to Box Canyon.
      Enjoyed meeting all of you!!! Sorry I had to leave you early.
      Cheers, Sue Hirshman