American Kestrels

  • Vicki Law
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2008
      We have a family of American Kestrels living in the big cottonwoods
      around our office in Montrose. Our driveway tends to flood and retain
      water after the sprinklers have run, and the juvenile(s?) come sit in
      the water. I can usually find 2-3 of them high up in the trees if I
      look hard enough. I can't tell if it is 3 juveniles or two adults and
      one juvenile. I have pictures I will try to post later.

      Our office is in a residential areas. We have feeders at the office and
      a neighbor across the street does as well, probably providing them with
      some hunting grounds. We've enjoyed them for about a week now.

      Vicki Law
      South 1st & Pythian
      Montrose