Least Flycatcher - 2!

  • Jacob C Cooper
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2008
      Hi all,

      While doing cuckoo surveys this morning for Jason, I found another Least
      Flycatcher in Paonia - a bird singing frequently at Black Bridge in Paonia.
      The other LEFL off of O Road was seen this morning as well by at least three
      people, so it is definitely not the same bird moving around. Also heard this
      morning was the Yellow-billed Cuckoo at Andrea Robinsong's house (thanks
      Andrea!).

      Good Birding!

      Jacob Cooper
    • nic korte
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2008

        I finished a 3-day hiking trip in the flattops and was surprised to encounter foraging cliff swallows (many) at 11,500+ feet. We were near some steep cliffs (Chinese Wall) but the many swallows sailing over the tundra and dipping in a lake still partially-frozen were 2:1 cliff to violet-greens.  I didn't lean over the cliffs to look for nests. Saw ~ 30 species on the hike--all what would be expected but were lucky enough to encounter ptarmigan and brown-capped rosy finches at the same time/location as the cliff swallows and saw cordilleran and olive-sided flycatchers at lower elevation.
        Nic Korte

        Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.