Lots of hummers and fledged young Cedar Waxwings.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 3:04 PM
      We have all four species of hummers with all four
      adults males present. My best guess is about 40% RUHU,
      40% BCHU, 15% BTLH, and 5% CAHU. We only have 7
      feeders up and use about 1 gallon of sugar solution
      each day.
      We have had about a dozen Cedar Waxwings in our yard
      and garden all summer. Yesterday fledged young came in
      with the adults to feed on a fruiting shrub in the
      back yard. We have lots for wild berry bushes around
      town. Cherry, apricots, and plums sure make good bird
      food. Our city block is being over-run with tanagers,
      grosbeaks, and orioles. No a bad way to be over-run we
      think.
      I just re-read the species account in the Breeding
      Bird Atlas on Cedar Waxwing. To have info like that at
      your finger tips sure is wonderful.
      Happy birding,
      Coen and Brenda

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs