Lesser Nighthawks still at Nucla.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2008
      Sandy, Brenda, Vic and myself watched at least three Lesser Nighthawks at the Nucla sewer ponds last evening, Friday 30. There are more Common Nighthawks feeding each evening.
      There are lots of insects flying but no mosquitoes. I have only seen ONE this spring. They do not spray in Nucla for mosquitoes. I wonder if this has something to do with the great number of nighthawks in the area. We do have a great number of dragonflies, however.
      Coen