they're baaaack....

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2008
      amazing what a weather change will do...

      I returned from the fabulous CFO convention to a quiet yard. The hungry
      hummers' numbers had not diminished but only the other local breeders
      remained in the yard and at the feeders.

      Last night my sky again filled with swallows, only this time they were
      Tree Swallows rather than Violet-green.

      And once again, cold weather brought many higher altitude species to my
      feeders this morning.

      Here now:
      Lazuli Bunting [there were still a few yesterday; now I see 6 males and
      3 females]
      Indigo Bunting
      dozens of Cassins finches
      Green-tailed and Spotted Towhees
      Lincoln Sparrow
      Chipping Sparrow
      Song Sparrow
      White-crowned Sparrow
      Lesser Goldfinch
      American Goldfinch
      Pine Siskin
      Black-headed Grosbeak [many!!! at least 6 are at the feeders right
      now..males, females and 1st year males]
      Western Tanager [a male brought his new mate to the dripper and watched
      carefully while she drank and bathed]

      Add these to the regulars and the place is hopping!

      good birding!
      andrea robinsong
      hotchkiss