Ouray/San Juan/LaPlata counties

  • Connie Kogler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2005
      My daughter Anna Goodhart (13) and I took a trip south yesterday, with
      our final destination to see the White-eared Hummingbird, (which we
      did!) We had a great day seeing over 80 species in 3 counties with
      highlights being:

      Ouray County - Eastern Kingbird

      San Juan County - about 25 species

      La Plata County - 37 species seeing all four hummers and the WEHU,
      Winter Wren, Red Crossbill, and a family of Lewis's having a cherry
      feast.

      Anna added many birds to her life list and was very excited on the
      trip. We had great, close looks at the Western Tanager, Virginia's
      Warbler and Winter Wren.

      Got to get my SW Colorado birding in before I move! Loveland or bust!
      August 4th.

      Connie Kogler
      In beautiful Montrose, Colorado.
      www.aslansown.com