juvenile say's phoebes

  • Bill / Cheryl Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2005
      It looked like we had two juvenile say's phoebes on the front porch this
      morning. They just kept looking around at all the confusion of birds and our
      cute little antelope squirrels in a feeding frenzy.

      One sat on a stump and tried to snap at a bug as it went by. That didn't
      work so it went up to a hummingbird feeding on the wing at the feeder and
      tried to eat it. The hummingbird simply flew straight up and pecked at it.

      This was how I figured they were juveniles. I laughed my head off.

      Cheryl Day
      Hotchkiss