Northern Shrike Carbondale - for 3rd day

  • Dick Filby
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008
      Hi all,

      Tuesday 11:35am

      Sitting at a keyboard, staring out the window.. at the NORTHERN SHRIKE which has moved in to the wetland at the bottom of the yard.. it's been here three days now, viewable all throughout the day..  It flits between the Cottonwood saplings sitting right up on the tops and looks longingly at the birds at the feeders.. (which still include our 10 wintering LESSER GOLDFINCHES)..  Guess it's not a good birder tho' as I haven't seen it catch anything yet..

      Dick Filby
      Carbondale, Garfield Co