Bank Swallows, Montrose County

  • Connie Kogler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      On my Christmas bird count scouting I found an area on private land
      that had huge sand piles with holes. Well, i finally remembered to
      check it out. There are many bank swallows in these two sand hills. A
      life and county bird for me!

      Directions: coming from the north, go west/right at the new light which
      is San Juan Avenue. Go behind the new court house, on the right you
      will see two large hills of sand/dirt. Scan the straight faces of these
      hills for the swallows.

      Connie Kogler
      In beautiful Montrose, Colorado.
      www.aslansown.com