Flamms on Pinyon Mesa

  • Rich Levad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005

      Hi all,

      Last night, Karen and I called Flammulated Owls at 16 points on 7.8 miles of Mesa County 16.5 Road from the south boundary of the Fruita Division of Grand Mesa NF to Mud Springs picnic area (BLM).  We had responses at nine points, with two owls at one, for a total of 10 Flamms on the night.  Broke my previous one-night record by three and doubled my previous best of the year!

      Rich

      Rich Levad

      Special Monitoring Projects Coordinator

      Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory, West Office

      337 25 3/4 Road, Grand Junction , CO 81503

      Phone: 970-241-4674

      www.rmbo.org (check us out)

      Conserving Birds -- Rocky Mountains and Great Plains