Roaring Fork CBC

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2007

      Here are the results for the Roaring Fork Christmas count held on Saturday, December 15th.  Vic Zerbi found our premier bird in Glenwood Springs, a male WESTERN TANAGER!  “Birds of Western Colorado” shows no records after November 15th and Andrews & Righter show one December record in Boulder (1960).  There may be more current data for eastern Colorado .  Thanks to Linda Vidal who hosted a great post-count party at her home.

      Tom McConnell

      Glenwood Springs

    • Tom & Kay McConnell
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2010

        From the Roaring Fork Audubon Newsletter:

        Dec 18 - Roaring Fork Valley Christmas Bird Count—Join Roaring Fork

        Audubon for the annual Christmas Count. Our count circle includes the

        Glenwood Springs and Carbondale areas with their interesting mix of habitats.

        More than 55,000 observers from all 50 states, every Canadian province,

        parts of Central and South America, Bermuda, the West Indies and

        Pacific islands participate in this all-day census of early winter birds. A potluck

        dinner will follow to compile the results.

        Contact team leaders for times and meeting points

        Carbondale team leader Dave Clark 963-3479

        Mid-valley ponds leader Linda Vidal 704-9950

        No Name/Downvalley leader Tom McConnell 945-0588