catbird

  • bill harris
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2007
      Hi All,
      New to the group.
      We've had a gray catbird visiting our water dish recently.(in Montrose)
      According to my sibley's we are within the summer range for this species,
      but I've never seen one before, except in the midwest.
      When is the christmas count locally?
      Bill Harris
    • bill harris
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2007
        About a month ago I reported spotting a gray catbird at our water dish.
        We keep an element in it, so it doesn't freeze over. It is a real magnet
        for birds, even have deer drinking out of it.
        I viewed the western CO bird counts with great interest to see if other
        catbirds were in the mix. None from what I can tell. The little critter is
        still frequenting the water dish daily. Today it showed up about 4pm
        then promptly took a bath!! The temp outside was hovering around 20
        degrees so we were pretty amazed at the behavior.
        Happy new year.
        Bill Harris
        Montrose