Costilla County

  • vsimmons76@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2007

      On my way to Fort Garland this AM (11/13), I stopped at the Blanca Sewage Lagoon but did not find Mark Peterson's Mexican Duck. Returning in middle to late afternoon, I had these results:

      1 Mexican Duck - east end of Smith Reservoir but not at the Sewage Lag. in AM or PM

      2 imm. Hooded Mergansers - west end, Smith Res.

      1 White-winged Scoter - in grass near water, east side. Graciously raised wings to view

      4 Double-crested Cormorants.

      + remarkablet number of of Buffleheads

      All else was ordinary.

      Virginia Simmons, Del Norte