Snow Goose, Wood Duck, Ferruginous Hawk, Merlin and Sandhill Crane.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2007
      There are a few good birds in and around Nucla today.
      Two Snow Geese were flying with several large flocks
      of Canada Geese just west of town. There is a female
      Wood Duck at the sewer ponds. A Ferruginous Hawk has
      been hanging out just southwest of town. Our feeder
      birds have had a hard time lately with a hungry
      Sharp-shinned and Cooper's Hawk. Their nervousness
      today was increased to the next level due to a Merlin
      perched in a nearby tree overlooking the feeders. Our
      resident pair of Sandhill Cranes are still here and I
      suspect they will winter around Nucla.
      Storm tonight may bring in some winter birds. All our
      water is open and there is not a hint of any winter
      temperatures yet.
      Coen and Brenda

      http://mail.yahoo.com